Wednesday 29 May 2013

The City of Cork

A group of my friends and I decided we wanted to go see the Blarney Stone. However I stayed in Cork for a bit before we headed to Blarney. Cork is by far my favorite "big" Irish city that I was able to travel too. Dublin was very touristy but Cork was grand. There were murals on the walls of alley ways, a huge market that sold everything possible, tons of shopping, live music in the streets, and just a general lively and welcome feel to the city. A few things of note happened here:
1. We found a live human turtle. Just kidding, it was a boy wearing green with a green turtle backpack on as shown to the right. But we can stick with human turtle because it is better than the reality.
2. We found Chinatown in Ireland.
3. We saw the unique color blocked houses that lined the hills.
4. We just loved Cork.
Walking around and exploring was so gratifying because it was as if the city had a culture of its own. I highly recommend going to Cork just to walk around.

No comments:

Post a Comment