Wednesday 29 May 2013

Mommy and the Hulk in Fungarvan

After I finally got released from the hospital I had a few days to show mom around Dungarvan before we had to return so I could be cleared to fly! I could not walk for more than an hour with support so they were short excursions but the town is not too large so it worked!
The first adventure was showing mom the town. We walked to the harbor and watched the two Dungarvan swans majestically floating around for oh, about forty five minutes. To be fair, we don't see many swans at our house in Georgia!
The second trip into the town was when the first Maritime Festival ever was launched in Dungarvan! We saw the tall ships and other boats come in. Then we went grocery shopping which was fun because it is incredibly different from shopping in the United States. I tried to buy some champagne to celebrate being out of the hospital but mom was having none of it. Something about mixing medicine and alcohol she wasn't comfortable with.
The third trip was to the candy shop. Where we bought out the store. There were chocolate, fudges, truffles, gummies, unkown candies, lollipops, and everything else. And we bought all of it, initially for our friends at home but somehow half of the treats were missing when it was time to pack them up...
The fourth trip out was my moms favorite. We saw the fireworks that closed the Maritime Festival. They lasted for twenty minutes and were, frankly, much better than we were expecting for such a small town! There were so many different kinds and it was somewhat surreal to watch them sparkle over the water. Plus I was deaf in one ear so the loud noises were not bad at all!
I know it does not seem like she got to see much but I went to a lot of trouble to get her to Ireland. I am kidding of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment