Wednesday 29 May 2013

Clonea Beach

I had tried unsuccessfully to find Clonea Beach since so many of my Irish friends told me to visit it. This is mainly because I kept getting lost since I apparently can't read street signs correctly. I will stay in school. One day I set out with one of my friends on a bicycle to find this beach...and we found it! It is easy to see why William Butler Yeats was able to write so many poems simply out Irelands scenery. On the way to Clonea we rode through a field of cows as usual and were startled by a baby peacock flying over the hedge in front of us. Yes, a baby peacock. After this we arrived at the beach surrounded by countryside and cliffs. The beaches in Ireland are very different from the beaches in America. We have white, powdery sand and very flat areas surrounding our beaches whereas Ireland has rocky terrain leading right up to the water. It was beautiful. My friend and I sat on the rocks looking out at the ocean for a long time just trying to take it all in. Then the tide decided to join us so we went back home.



No comments:

Post a Comment